Land registry Vs memorandum or deeds

Yes how very dare they seek interest from me , the scoundrels. Ahhhhhh at the end of the day maybe I feel a bit aggrieved with the two eejit solicitors involved and all being said and done I doubt if I'd put myself through a protracted legal wrangle over what is really not a huge amount left to pay , compared to what the house is worth , and you're correct they'd probably railroad me in a court ha ha ha
But you have to admit it would be a fun poke at the bank to see what they say and would they panic or play the long game and grind me out - I would assume on a personal level I am irrelevant and they would throw the heavy weight legal stuff , I'd imagine I'd end up the wrong side of it regardless. Fun times the old Celtic tiger , you can sell someone else's house , forget to tell them and then cause trouble for normal people who are caught in the middle but say tough luck , we're solicitors and banks and you're gonna have to foot the bill to right out wrongs

Yes how very dare they seek interest from me , the scoundrels. Ahhhhhh at the end of the day maybe I feel a bit aggrieved with the two eejit solicitors involved and all being said and done I doubt if I'd put myself through a protracted legal wrangle over what is really not a huge amount left to pay
Absolutely justified, this failure to protect your interests could have ended up costing you dearly to resolve, but to be clear here, the bank have no blame in that matter.

But you have to admit it would be a fun poke at the bank to see what they say and would they panic or play the long game and grind me out - I would assume on a personal level I am irrelevant and they would throw the heavy weight legal stuff , I'd imagine I'd end up the wrong side of it regardless.
Only if you consider the potential of court dates, losing you home, and hefty legal bills to be fun.

There we have it. Ok to borrow money but seems to think banks should give out money for free. Like how dare a bank charge interest. I should have realised from the first gobblygook land registry/The Reg of Deeds nonsense with a whole load of other salt and pepper thrown in that this was Freeman stuff. I've a relation spouted that kind of stuff and lost everything.
No no no deffo not a freeman situation, I don't ascribe to that stuff , but the deeds and land registry (which are separate as far as I'm aware ) do matter when it comes down to brass tacks - but as I said , I'm not really prepared to get into a battle with a bank and suddenly stop paying my mortgage In order to force them to take action and gamble the house on a technicality - I will contact them see what they say and get a good look at all the docs they hold Vs what I've got , get more legal advice on how to fix it from both ends and see what happens!

but the deeds and land registry (which are separate as far as I'm aware ) do matter when it comes down to brass tacks -
In terms of the validity of their claim over the debt, they make no difference. It would complicate, but not prevent their ability to secure a repossession order if you fail to meet your obligations under the loan agreement.

In obtaining the loan you would have provided an undertaking to register their interest. In failing to do that correctly you are in breach of contract. If you decide to play silly buggers they could simply demand immediate payment of all sums outstanding.

Back