laid off work

L

laineyd

hey everyone..

before i start, sorry for the depressing thread.. my husband came home last night he was given two weeks notice for his job.. frightening as it is we are in a bit of a dilemma.. i am subbing at the moment in primary schools any chance i can get, not stable could only get few days here and there but have to persevere to have the experience to apply for post grad end of this year.. also, we are renting a house at the moment while our own is being built, should be ready in april.. every penny we had saved is gone into this house so we are waiting anxiously to get in..thats where the trouble starts...

- if we go on social welfare through no wages, i can't really sub as this will be too irregular and won't have steady money.
- as our house is not ready, and the mortgage is paid in stages on a self build, will they give us the rest of the money when we have no income??
- have mortgage protection, this should kick in but if it does will it affect us getting the rest of our mortgage??
- house is not habitable, no water, no electricity, no heating, no sewerage yet and if no wages we may leave rented house so are we entitled to rent allowance when self build under way??

i have no problem cutting back every luxury in difficult times, lets face it, i know we are not the only ones but i am in turmoil as to what next.. if we were in house already mortgage protection cover us but as we are not, we are in trouble..

sorry, another downer thread.. maybe i'll win lotto tomorrow night and erase this as a bad memory .. trying to keep spirits up as have two kids so keeping the best side out..

thanks for any advice given

Back