Lagging Jacket For a Hot Press Cylinder

Lex Foutish

Can anybody recommend a good lagging jacket for a hot press cylinder that does't need more than one person to put it in place and that will remain in one piece afterwards?

The last one I bought took ages to put on the cylinder and needs regular monitoring to keep it properly in place.

To be honest, youd be much better off replacing the cylinder for a pre-insulated one

Thanks, DG. I thought about that but the lagging jacket does an excellent, efficient job when it remains in place and would do the job fine if the blooming thing would stay in place! :(

Thanks, DG. I thought about that but the lagging jacket does an excellent, efficient job when it remains in place and would do the job fine if the blooming thing would stay in place! :(

It doesnt really.. Personally i live in my house on my own and if i need a shower and the water has been on in the previous 24 hours there'll be enough hot water.. No way with a lagging jacket..

I third that. There is no comparison. It's worth the spend to have it replaced.
I sold the old one for €30 at the scrap merchants also.

If its tied on properly with the tapes it shouldn't slip down.

I got a thermostat fitted recently to mine and its hard to get the jacket around it, without cutting it. :mad:

Insulated tank is the biz but at what price.

Back