Kitchen costs

Did a kitchen just pre-Covid in North County Dub, value a bit higher than yours (post extension). Was circa 16K all in, only white good was new fridge/freezer, no flooring, however stripped out old kitchen myself.

Avoid buying IKEA kitchens, have heard they are dreadfully poor quality from several reliable sources
I've fitted a couple of them and they're better than many of the options at that price range, but clearly not a match for anything using solid panels and fully glued carcasses.

Insurance lad I know, said that kitchens cost about €800 per linear metre.

All kitchens age. A good guesstimate of what to spend is how long will it be before you tire of it. Solid wood doors of oak will require less maintenance than painted doors. White goods regardless of brand will only last for six years (yes there are exceptions). Does anyone remember the white porcelain tiles, american fridges or the very recent trend of grey?

White goods regardless of brand will only last for six years
In the last 35 years I have owned

1 freezer
2 fridges
2 dishwashers
2 washing machines

Am on my second vaccum cleaner (Dyson) & I'm pretty sure its at least 20 years old.

My present kitchen was installed in 2004 & I had it re-painted 5 years ago. I think I'll get another 5 years out of it.

Back