Job Seekers Allowance

S

stwo

Hi All, I hope someone can enlighten me. I applied for Job Seekers Allowance/ Benefit a number of weeks ago, SW Dept contact my employer three times to find out why I left, they never responded to any of the three letters sent out. SW have sent me a signing on card this morning and i have to go next wednesday to sign, so my question is.... does this mean that they are going ahead with the claim although my last employer didn't fill out the form?

if you leave your employment as opposed to being let go, sw might not grant your claim immediately but if they gave you the card it probably means youll get it now.

You might also considering applying for a medical card.

If your employer did not reply to SW letters, they will take it that there was no disqualifying reason that you left your employment adn will decide your claim of your stated reason alone, without the employer's opinion. Your claim should not be held up because of your former employer's tardiness in replying to their letter.

thanks for the replies guys, yes the claim did go ahead. they must have got tired of waiting for the ex employer to come back to them. I waited 8 weeks for my p45 and thought I could not sign on with out it, of course the payment does not cover this period, can I do anyhting about the break in stamps. Ex Employer is a complete shambles!

Help Me.
My employer has paid me three weeks wagesby accident since the date on my p45, does this mean i wont be able to claim jobseekers fpr those three weeks as my prsi has been paid.

Wasn't this a nice little accident. I wouldn't be complaining!
Could this have been Holiday pay due, a bonus for a good employee and are you sure it isn't included in your P45.

You don't say if your former employer is looking for this money back, so why would you be expecting Jobseekers Benefit for the 3 weeks that you are being fully paid by your employer?

Am I missing something here!
N
Surely that should be Jobseekers Benefit not Allowance

If the date on the P45 is the date that you were last employed, then you are entitled to claim Jobseeker's Benefit/Allowance immediately after that date as you are seeking a job from the first day of unemployment presumably.. It is irrelevant that he paid you three weeks too much (but how do you know this? Is it pay in lieu of notice? Holiday pay?...it's a separate issue anyhow).

Back