Jewellery buyers/ pawn brokers in Dublin

Re: Jewelry buyers/ pawn brokers in Dublin

Have you tried to sell it yourself ie : ebay?
from reading the full thread it seems she has ... :rolleyes:

Hi there,
Am looking for some advice.
I am looking to sell my engagement ring and i have tried everywhere i can think of in Cork and even Ebay but so far i have not had even one offer!
I am going to Dublin ths week and was wondering if anyone can reccomend any places that i may be able to sell it?
Hope i posted this in the right place (sorry if not)
Thanks in advance
L

John Brereton is HORRIBLE!! Do not go near to them!! at the least do not go in the one on o'connell street.

I friend of mine, she and her b/f are getting engaged. She walked into John Brereton on O'Connell street by herself and look for an engagement ring within their budget, btw, she is a foreign national. She was asked" is your b/f coming soon?" when she walked in the shop and explained reason she walked in. She said"oh, he's gone home for the rugby match(that was last sunday!) and he has been with me for most of the day to shop around. Then the woman(I am sorry, just cant addresse he The Lady) then acted very badly, being very lazy, sit down on a high chair herslf, questioned my friend again" is he Irish?" "Yes".my friend said.The woman then ask her"oh, where is he from?"My friend then told her their budget and what type of ring she is looking for, and my friend left the rudest woman in the world and left her being suprised with hearing a big budget for the engagement ring!! My friend felt so hurt and rang her b/f to told him the sotry. I felt so sorry for her too!!!

So no matter if you have a big budget ot small budget, do not go near to "John Brereton"!!!

Irishbreeze, I'm not sure I fully understand what it is that actually happened to your friend and why it was so bad :confused:

Caveat, isn't it obvious?? The horrible woman in that shop deigned to make conversation with the customer! The absolute CHEEK of her...:rolleyes:

Back