Jewellery buyers/ pawn brokers in Dublin

L

lucyjellies

Hi there,
Am looking for some advice.
I am looking to sell my engagement ring and i have tried everywhere i can think of in Cork and even Ebay but so far i have not had even one offer!
I am going to Dublin ths week and was wondering if anyone can reccomend any places that i may be able to sell it?
Hope i posted this in the right place (sorry if not)
Thanks in advance
L

Re: Jewelry buyers/ pawn brokers in Dublin

There is a pawn brokers on Capel Street. Forget their name but try the Yellow Pages.

Cool thanks for that, i tried goldenpages.ie but got nothing!
I will dig out the golden pages tomorrow

Have you considered selling it back to the shop where it was bought? Think about it - they bought it wholesale, so presumably it's a style they like to sell.

I did try, it came from a large enough jewelry shop, but when i went into them they told me that they dont buy back jewelry and that they are swamped with people trying to sell them engagement rings!
I've tried antique shops too but they say they are also swamped with them. I dont expect to get the full value for it but to be honest i just want rid!

There was a pawnbrookers shop near the Pro Cathedral not sure if its still there.

Thanks for that i shall add it to my list of possibles

Is this an engagement gone bad, in which case isn't the done thing to return the ring (or did you buy it yourself?) ;)

Quick question

Any idea why they ar in undated with people trying to sell rings?

doesn't that depend on who did the breaking up?

Not according to my legal sources (Judge Judy on TV3!).

On break-up of engagment the ring (or it's value) should be returned to the purchaser.

[broken link removed]
I think it depends on which one broke off the engagement as per above.
How do we know that the OP has some arrangement with the other person to divide whatever money he/she gets for the ring.

Hey
Just to set the story straight, We split up nearly two years ago, i tried to give the ring back at the time and he told me to keep it as it was bought for me (he did the splitting up) I have asked a couple of times since and he has said that if i dont want to keep it to sell it and use the money for something because he dosent want money or ring.We are still friends and have since moved on into another relationship so i really feel its time to get rid

As for why they are so overwhelmed with rings i really have no idea, i tried to sell in Cork the week before Valentines thinking it would be a good time of year to sell it, but it seems everyone else had the same idea as me!

An engagement ring is a gift in contmplation of marriage and under the Family Law 1981 must be returned if requested

As for why they are so overwhelmed with rings i really have no idea, i tried to sell in Cork the week before Valentines thinking it would be a good time of year to sell it, but it seems everyone else had the same idea as me!

The one at the pro cathedral is called carthys. If you have no luck selling it why not try and get it melted down and turn into anothe piece of jewellery if possible.

Why not get it made into something else that you would wear? I think Emma Stewart Liberty in Powerscourt Centre will do something with it if you ask them.

Have you tried to sell it yourself ie : ebay?

Back