Is it possible to have pre-pay meter for part of the house?

Discussion in 'Homes and gardens' started by NewEdition, Mar 20, 2017 at 5:14 PM.

  1. NewEdition

    NewEdition Frequent Poster

    I want to rent out an area of the house as a stand alone bedsit type accommodation.

    Is it possible to have that part of the house using my electricity meter, but they will pay via a pre-pay meter?
    I know that there is an extra charge for the user of pre-pay meters, but will that charge work out as a gain for me?

    Or is the only / best solution to have a separate meter altogether?