Is IBAN & Swift Code needed for transfer within Ireland?

As I said PTSB always had a €3K limit on such transfers. They are not making it any more hassle than it always was. I don't know about AIB as I don't have much experience with them in this context. Having to have IBAN etc. details is not much more hassle than having your normal sort code and account number - they are readily available from your statements.

You do not have to provide BIC and IBAN for a domestic payment. The recently published SEPA End date Regulation has set a date for 1st Feb 2014 (with a derogation for consumers until 2016) from when BIC and IBAN will be mandatory. But for now NSC and acccount number will do.

You do not have to provide BIC and IBAN for a domestic payment. The recently published SEPA End date Regulation has set a date for 1st Feb 2014 (with a derogation for consumers until 2016) from when BIC and IBAN will be mandatory. But for now NSC and acccount number will do.
Thanks. So absolutely no change in policy on PTSB's part here - i.e. you still need your normal sort code/bank account number details and you are still limited to €3K per day for online/phone banking transfers.

Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) may be the reason. Will this cause further hassle?

[broken link removed]

Just went in to my PTSB branch today to transfer a donation to Askaboutmoney and they said I need a IBAN, I stressed that my son had just transfered to my PTSB acount without a IBAN. I will try online

Last week PTSB insisted they needed IBAN code for transfer to BoI - other option was they'd send by post - was in no hurry so that's what was done.

Back