Irish version of name

DOS19

Given the bilingual nature of our country i'm guessing some of you may be in my position and might advise whether this has been a problem or not.

My birth cert and tax details are under the English version of my name but as I then attended an Irish school and became fluent i began to use the Irish version of my name. This discrepancy on paper re: id requirements was easy to explain when opening accounts in Ireland as I could simply explain my bilingual background when it came to id requirements and had no difficulty in opening them.

However, I now intend to open a Northern Rock on-line Account and from what I can see with ID requirements I will have to submit a tax clearance cert(which would be in the English version of my name), my passport is in my Irish name and my intended nominated account and deposit cheque would be in the Irish version of my name. As this is done by post I'm wondering whether this would cause hassle? There is a page on my passport stating that i was registered at birth in the English version of my name..perhaps this would suffice..?

give NR a quick buzz. I have just set up an online account for my mum and we had a similar problem (opposite to yours in that official docs are as gaeilge and utility bills and account in English). I was assured it was no prob and to send in a note explaining the situation. So I don't think it's a prob for you either?

Back