Irish Time Tracker Article -- 3 Jan 2017

Im not sure it is that rare, but a judge commenting as a 'citizen of the republic' sounds pretty serious, especially when their judgement means so much. I can't believe it's not causing more of a stir in the media today. All I can say is THANK YOU James McNulty for attempting to push this scandal to another level!!!

Yes an excellent article by James McNulty, its hard to believe the banks have been given so much time to cover their tracks, and continue to be given more time, I'm sure with the six year time limit, a lot of evidence will be "lost"

Another angle that has been on my mind is the Competiton Authority (CA) seem to have never taken any issues with this (at least publicly, as far as I can see) or indeed other banking-wide activities such as the high SVR rates across the board - despite the fact that they are now the Competition and CONSUMER PROTECTION Commission!

A few years ago they were raiding the IFA and the IPU offices with gardai, looking for evidence of price fixing. I work in one of these fields and am aware that the CA at the time exerted their full legal powers to take and search files, documents etc, were vocal in the media about their "suspicions"...and yet found nothing to support these (or, one could argue, justify their actions).

But when it comes to banking, thousands of customers and millions of euro, they seem to be deaf and mute.

Back