Motor involved in accident after missing insurance premium payment

GMD

Our Child minder was involved in a crash Friday where .another party pulled out in front of her and did some damage to her car,(no one injured thank god).
When she rang her insurance company to inform them they told her she was not insured as she had missed her previous monthly premium payment and it was still outstanding. There may be more to this obviously, she claims they did not inform her, however if the payments are ongoing but last one missed, does this invalidate the insurance immediately? Thanks GMD

She should have got a cancellation letter. I would be surprised if she didn't. If the cancellation letter wasn't issued then the insurance would still be validate. Has she tried to pay up for the missed payment?.... I would have thought that there is possibly more to this than your been told.
Anyway I wouldn't worry about it to much. If the other person is at fault she'll be claiming off their insurance.. So whether she is insured herself or not is irrelevant...

+1 Lucozade. Insurer must give notice by registered post, although Quinn used call it recorded post, but it was not a letter to be signed for. You get 7/10 days notice as per yoru policy conditions that it will be cancelled.

Back