Invisalign orthodontic aligners

Slim

Mrs. S is considering having these fitted, basically less visible 'braces'. Has anyone had any experience of this process? Good, bad or indifferent?

A neighbour had this done in recent years..... absolutely astonishing result when considering how crowded the person's teeth were before the treatment....now beautifully straight
Don't know anything about the treatment detail. i.e costs, timeframe etc. Just know the treatment centre was in Co.Kildare.

Invisalign is not suitable for some people it depends on what work has to be done. Kevin O'Regan in Tullamore is excellent. My daughter has just had her braces removed and is thrilled with the results!

I had invisalign for a few months after fixed braces (six month smiles, white "invisible" brackets) and I much preferred the fixed braces! They are far from invisible IMO and make your lips protrude, you have to take them out to eat and drink yet wear them 24/7. The fixed braces are much easier to live with! Fixed braces also work much faster.
Just my two cents worth as I had experience of both.

I’m three months in. It’s working very well for me. Gradual correction is happening. And I’m in my early 50s

Have had both. Much better results with fixed metal braces. The best option in my opinion.

I had forgotten about this thread. Mrs. S got the Invisalign and the results were excellent. They quite quickly re-aligned the crooked teeth. They were so discreet that none of her colleagues noticed them and, to this day, most people do not realise that she had them. She is now using a more visible track, still Invisalign, to carry out an optional reworking of one aspect. One benefit she has noticed is she stopped snacking because of the pfaff of taking them out. She's very satisfied overall.

I had them and I would definitely go with a standard brace if I did it again.
By experience with them is similar to Pinkie's in post 5.

I used Invisalign to fix my teeth in my mid-40s. Yes there are drawbacks, mainly feeling self-concious about wearing them (though no one ever noticed that I was), plus I develped a minor lisp for a short period of time when I first started on my course but I would still recommend them to anyone who is interested. They are easy to use and can always be taken out for an event where you are going to be eating, drinking or speaking a lot. Note that when you have completed your treatment you will need to wear Invisalign retainers at night time.

As for the results, I am very happy with my new straightened teeth, something I was very self-concious about. I understand they they are only really suitable for correcting relatively minor cosmetic imperfections. If you have a serious orthodontic issue then braces are probably the best solution.

I only have experience with fixed braces (as an adult).
I got the top front ones made of ceramic, so they were less visible.
Of course one has to brush their teeth and braces after each meal.
On the other hand, you don't have to take off your invisalign in public, or wash them in public toilets...
Personally I was happy with the fixed ones, but each person would have a different experience

Edit: the first few days after each adjustment (specially at the beginning) were painful and the teeth were tender

Back