International bank account

Praetor

My situation is as follows : I'm a professional poker player from Ireland, and I'm moving to Argentina in 2 weeks. At the moment the majority of my bankroll is online with around $50k offline in a non interest bearing $$ account with an Irish bank. This is the only $$ account I could get from any of the Irish banks and its very simple in nature, no online banking and I have to submit bank wires via mail, no interest and no ability to put any of the money into investment funds or anything

I want to keep my whole assets in dollars at the minute so I want to open account a dollar account with a bank where I can do bank wires online, gain interest and put some funds in investment funds and so on. HSBC offshore seemed perfect, as did Citibank offshore but I applied for both and was turned down for both - HSBC said that they were unable to offer me the account due to 'the nature of my income and profession' and Citibank gave me some bs but I think the real reason was the same

Basically what I'm asking is, does anybody have any experience with international banks where I can open such an account where they wont turn down my business due to the nature of the funds? Caribbean banks or Swiss/Luxembourg banks etc are all fine, as long as they are reputable of course

*not sure if correct forum? Move if necessary*

Thanks

Back