Home Insurance Works Companies - Beware, you may also face same situation!!

B

BIJUMATHEWIR

Hi All,

I'm desperately looking for some advice to deal with an insurance works company. This company which I heard through radio and net claimed that they will do all domestic repairs small or big, claiming from insurance company and assured no hassle for home owners. I appointed them to fix a roof leak and to repair the sealing damaged by the leak. At first, one assessor came from this firm, then he made the second assessment together with insurance company people, then they sent a builder to assess the amount of damage and do an estimate, (all this took more than a month in process) and finally, today he called to tell me that the insurance company has given only insufficient amount and so, he couldn’t fix it; but his bill is some 560 bucks (for not fixing it!). Well the good news is the insurance company has given 1040 Euros, so after taking back his 560 bill; I can have the 480 buck and look for some builder myself. Well, if I wanted to do that, I could have done that in the first place!

Could anybody there advice me how to deal with this people??

well, they had an agreement signed off by me at the first visit, saying the leagal fee and other chatges, but I dont mind to pay if they did the job for me!

If you are concerned as to the conduct or professional capacity of any insurance intermediatory who has acted on your behalf, you should raise the matter formally with the financial regulator who can investigate on your behalf. [broken link removed]

Prior to meeting their costs, I would also insist they provide you with all correspondence issued on your behalf to insurers and copies of any correspondence they recieved from insurers. In essence, insist that they provide you with their file. Also, insist that they provide you with a detailed breakdown of their costs on an hourly basis. You may then consider whether it is appropriate to seek further legal or professional advise if you feel that they have acted with incompetence. This is relavent if they have not given you the correct professional advise which predujiced the correct and fair outcome of your claim.

You do not have to accept what they have told you and you are free to appoint a seperate Loss Assessor to review your claim. Make sure you do appoint a regulated assessor.Of course i am not privvy to the contractual relationship between you ( that is assuming that they did of course agree terms with you before you instructed them) and them, but certainly, on the basis of what you have said, their costs do seem high.

I hope this has been of benefit.

Hi I am a loss assessor and I would be more then happy to provide any help or assistance to you without any charge.
I am sick to my teeth of loss assessors who are acting for their own self interest.
Claimsman is correect you should report this matter to the Regulator.

Please contact me by PM if you would like any help.

thanks all for your help, especially ed054.

I declined the claim, and agreed no give and take from this company. I contacted some builders in local, one of the guy replaced the tile+patched the ceiling for 200Euros. The company who went through insurance claiming told me they couldn't get the work done because the amount sanctioned is insufficient (amount sanctioned was only 1040Euros, they told!!). Gold diggers!!!

Back