Health Insurance Insurance renewal advice

Killarney1

Hi all,

The renewal of my health insurance is next week it's with laya , essential health 300. It covers myself (40's) and 2 children . We are all in good health "touch wood" with only the odd visit to gp or consultant's . The question is would it be worth moving to a similiar plan with Irish life or vhi which has a lower family excess for claiming day to day stuff or is it a better bet to stick with laya as the policy "seems" to cover more of the major items with out co payment etc if they came up.

Any advise appreciated.

My feeling is that both myself and my wife have recently made a charitable donation to Laya when we renewed our health insurance recently.

Certainly I think that a husband and wife should have separate policies rather than a joint policy. The family excess can be high. If one individual is not in such good health as the other then they can have a lower excess on their own policy.

My feeling is that both myself and my wife have recently made a charitable donation to Laya when we renewed our health insurance recently.

Certainly I think that a husband and wife should have separate policies rather than a joint policy. The family excess can be high. If one individual is not in such good health as the other then they can have a lower excess on their own policy.
Good point. Thanks

Back