Motor Insurance Q: Using NCB from time on Company Policy? (Personal NCB already in use)

Faltermeyer

I've had my own motor policy since July 2003 (having been a named Fully Licensed Driver from July '01), with a 6month lapse from July - December 2008, at which point the policy was re-instated.

So I have 6years NCB in my own name - this is currently in use on my own car.

From around July '07 to present (possibly with the same 6month gap above) I have been on a company policy.

I will be leaving the company at the end of the year and looking to get a another car as a run-around as my current other car is not the most practical, nor do I want to put up big mileage on it- hence I will be buying something cheap/economical.

I'm wondering where I stand with using the history from the company policy alongside my personal NCB.

So two questions:
1. Am I entitled to do this by law?
2. Whether entitled to by law or not, will some companies recognise it? If so, does anyone know of any companies that are better in this situation?

I'm also an IAM UK member if this helps at all.

Contact a broker or an insurance company and ask them for a mirrored bonus quote,they will mirror your 1st car policy bonus on to the second giving you a decent discount.

Www.powerinsurances.ie

Back