Laya Insurance Premium on Laya has jumped almost 50%

Mayogirl

Hi All,
Thanks to this site my family and I moved to laya last year and took the Connectcare plan for my husband and I and the kids plan for our 3 children (aged 10, 7 and almost 2).

Connectcare was 990 per person last year but it has now jumped to over 1400 per person.

Can anyone advise is there a lower cost package with the same cover available or is this the best we can get?

We would like semi private rooms in a private hospital and private rooms in a public hospital as well as good outpatient care.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Mayogirl.

VHI Plan PMI 36 13 is competitive on price for this type of cover, worth considering;

Adult price; 1122pa x 2 = 2244
Children; 180 x 3 = 540
Total; 2784

This plan will be reduced to half price for children from 1 August 2014, ie. 180 per child.

www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?357/

Snowyb

With all the Health provider insurers you will have to access the charges every year as they are changing with the entry of new providers into the market.
This is a good thing as with one company VHI had a monopoly and could charge as they seem fit.
Now with competition they will have to compete to stay in the market.
Do the home work, it will take time but will pay off. It is becoming a little simpler now to compare the various systems.
Good luck Browtal

Back