Other Income Protection Insurance

elainem

Currently I am going to start work for 37.5 hrs a month. Have been unable to get a permanent job with longer hours. My icome protection insurance is e101.00 per month. I have been paying it for last year when only working occassionally. Not sure whether to continue with it as I don't seem to have much hope of getting a permanent job. The e101.00 is for part-time hours of 19.5 hrs a week, which I am no where near. Should I cancel it. I am 43 and wouldn't have brillian physical health, but it is a big drain given that I will only be working for a total of 9.5 hrs a week for the foreseeable future. Any advice welcome.

Ask the insurance company to clarify what they define as "employment". Some companies define being in employment as working a specified number of hours per week. If you are working less than this number, you are technically unemployed by their definition and they simply wouldn't pay a claim.

Hard to advise on the health side, as if your health isn't brilliant by your own description, you'd might have trouble getting Income Protection cover again, depending on what you mean by "not brilliant". You'd have to weigh this possibility against the thought that you may currently be paying for cover that simply wouldn't pay out at all.

Back