Ikea - Dublin

Re: Ikea - Reviews

Actually I agree that the Belfast store is nicer, just because in the Belfast store there is a fairly open area when you get in the door, before you have to up the stairs/escalator. In the Dublin store you get in the door and there's pretty much nothing except the escalator, which is just not as nice.

Other than that, yes, they are pretty much the same. Although I did notice they didn't have as wide a selection of fabric as they do in the Belfast store. And it was nice to not have to mentally convert all the prices!

We bought the guts of a built in double wardrobe in Belfast but we bought the sliding doors secondhand from people who were installing a walk-in wardrobe-room. It all worked out terrific and we saw no difference between Ikea's wardrobe and Sliderobes. Their doors were nicer but costly and we aren't into spending a fortune on things like that.

Anyone know the closing times of the store and also, how to get there from beaumont and I cant accesss this site unfortunately.

Store information
Address:
IKEA Dublin
St. Margaret's Road
Ballymun
Dublin 11

Customer Services phone:
1890 987 938

Store opening hours:
Mon - Fri: 11am - 9pm
Saturday: 10am - 8pm
Sunday: 11am - 7pm
(Public & Bank Holidays :11am - 7pm)

Småland opening hours:
Mon - Fri: 11pm - 8.15pm
Saturday: 10am to 7.15pm
Sunday: 11am - 6.15pm
(Public/Bank Holiday: 11pm - 6.15pm)

Payment Options
We accept:
Cash
Laser
Visa/Master Cards
We do not accept cheques

Parking Information
Mon - Fri: 11am to 4pm - Free
Mon - Fri: 4pm to 8pm - €3
Saturday: 10am to 8pm - Free
Sunday: 11am to 7pm - Free

and from [broken link removed]

0.00Start out at Beaumont, Dublin
0.14Turn right onto Beaumont Road
1.16At traffic signals turn right onto Collins Avenue West - R103
1.54At traffic signals continue forward onto Collins Avenue Extension - R103 (signposted Santry)
2.37Dublin City University R108
3.11At traffic signals turn right onto Ballymun Road - R108 (signposted The West N4)
3.80Turn left
3.89Continue forward onto Balcurris Road
3.96Arrive at Ballymun, Dublin

Total time 0 hr 6 min

I was there last weekend and what really surprised me is that whereas in Belfast you have to pay 50 pounds for the first two trolleys, 50 pounds/trolley thereafter to have it delivered anywhere in the island, in Dublin they charge you - wait for it - 165€ for up to 300kgs of merchandise, and then 6€/extra kilo...

Therefore, if you only want to have a wardrobe delivered to Cork, it's much much pricier from Dublin, which is absurd IMHO

Silverwake, that sounds crazy............ Do you know if that applies to Dublin deliveries too?

They have a basic rate for Dublin and neighbouring counties. Outside that area, they give you a quotation.

I think that it is an absolute scandal and classic example of rip off ireland when ikea charge for parking ... SHAME ON IKEA IRELAND FOR THIS. A boycot would be in order.

Parking Information

Do any other Ikeas around the world charge for parking, they don't in the uk asfaik

It's not Ikea's fault, it's our very own Fingal Co Co!!

I think that it is an absolute scandal and classic example of rip off ireland when ikea charge for parking ... SHAME ON IKEA IRELAND FOR THIS. A boycot would be in order.

Parking Information

As Irishmoss outlined, the decision to charge for parking was not IKEA's (in fact I've heard their store manager confirming in an interview that given the chance they'd abolish the charge). It was a condition imposed by Fingal County Council, as was the 11am opening time. These conditions are designed to help traffic flow on the M50 by discouraging customers from going to IKEA during rush hour.

Back