I.M.H.O. ????

robert 200

I have a private negotiator who accompanies me when I attend meetings with my bank ( A.I.B. ) regarding a repayment restructure.

We are approaching the "endgame" very soon and I dont know if he is up to it.

Has anyone any feedback to offer from I.M.H.O. ? Good or Bad ?

Last edited:
Has anyone any feedback to offer from I.M.H.O. ?
That request is not very clear Robert.
I presume that you are requesting general feedback regarding AAM user's general experiences of dealing with the I.M.H.O.
Details of offers/arrangements between the I.M.H.O., Banks and Mortgage Holders are totally confidential.

I'm sure many AAM users would be happy to provide you with general comments/opinions on their dealings the I.M.H.O.

Please clarify.

Last edited:
Irish Mortgage Holders Organisation.

They are employed by A.I.B / E.B.S. and Haven to act as independent brokers between these banks
and their clients in order to create amicable long term solutions so people can stay in their homes.

I.M.H.O. was founded by David Hall.

I am just looking for some feedback from anyone who may have dealt with them - I.M.H.O. must have
been involved in thousands of cases.

Last edited:
Why do you feel the negotiatior is not up to it? Young? Afraid of bankers? Inexperienced?

Can you request someone better?

He is a private independent negotiator with no connection to I.M.H.O.

He seems to be intimidated in the bankers company ( with good reason ).

Thats why I was wondering if I would be better off with I.M.H.O.

Any feedback please?

I thought your advisor was working for IMHO. Aren't IMHO free for you, why would you not go with them. They must be well used to dealing with the banks now as they are even being paid by some banks to sort out some of the messes. If they are any good the banks will keep them on, so I imagine they make it their business to be successful.

What is a private negotiator? What re his qualifications, and what advice has he given you himself ? (Don't give us too much too info to identify him, or him to identify you!)

Well you have to hand it to the banks - those confidentiality clauses are working a treat.

Everyone who has done a deal is zipping it !!!!

Banks 1 Ordinary Punter 0

Paying your negotiator for each visit to the bank, makes no sense to me,
when the I.M.H.O. service is free for AIB / EBS / Haven / KBC mortgage holders.

It's commonly said that you get what you pay for, so one might suspect that a free service may be of lower quality.
However, the IMHO services are paid by the banks, so the bank pays your fee.

In all the media interviews I've heard/read with them,
it's very clear to me, that they are very professional and definitely on the side of the mortgage holder.

Give them a try and compare!

Last edited:
Back