I hate the new Boasters

LDFerguson

With all this talk of the credit crisis, increased taxes, recession etc., there's something far more serious going on.

Mrs. F. recently bought me a packet of McVities Boasters, one of my favourite chocolate chip cookies, only beaten by Pepperidge Farm Sausalito cookies, which are hard to come by.

They were in a new packet. "Fair enough", I thought. But today at lunchtime when I sat down to have a biscuit after my lunch, I opened the packet and discovered that the cookies inside were much smaller than the standard Boasters and didn't taste the same at all.

I'm gutted. Why wasn't this on the RTE News?

Yes - less crumbly, due to higher concentration of chocolate in a smaller biscuit. But definitely lost something on the taste. They tasted like any other chocolate chip cookie.

...reminds me of the old Ireland's Own joke: inflation is what makes balloons bigger and penny bars smaller :)

A useful moral for every generation.

:eek:

jaysus.... all I was saying was you cant beat a glass of milk... in all fairness... ye lot just take the biscuit

boom boom :D

Mrs. F. recently bought me a packet of McVities Boasters, one of my favourite chocolate chip cookies, only beaten by Pepperidge Farm Sausalito cookies, which are hard to come by.

I must have been in a credit crunch for last few years...never even ate the originals not to mind the new ones :(

...reminds me of the old Ireland's Own joke: inflation is what makes balloons bigger and penny bars smaller :)

A useful moral for every generation.

Fadó fadó when I was a we'un in the '70's I can never forget the lady in the sweet shop across the road when I went in for a penny bar only to be gutted when she said " the penny bars are now twopence". :(

Fadó fadó when I was a we'un in the '70's I can never forget the lady in the sweet shop across the road when I went in for a penny bar only to be gutted when she said " the penny bars are now twopence". :(

What's a Penny Bar??? :eek: - You guys are old!

Back