I bought the Sun today - but don't tell anyone.

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I bought a jumper today in Debenhams for €39 and the very helpful cashier told me that if I nipped out and bought the Sun , the voucher in it would get me a 20% discount.

So I paid my €0.90cents for the Sun and saved around €7 for the journey.

Brendan

Hey Brendan! Could you not have informed us during opening time?:mad:

Nice work, if a little embarassing for you! :D

Did the voucher have a use by date on it? If you lived near a shop/supermarket, they nearly always have papers left at the end of the night or in the evening time.

Are you the guy spotted in sandymount wearing a bright jumper with a picture of a naked girl on the back?

I bought a jumper today in Debenhams for €39 and the very helpful cashier told me that if I nipped out and bought the Sun , the voucher in it would get me a 20% discount.

Brendan

Please say you aren't a Liverpool Fan Brendan

[broken link removed]

Brendan

So that's why you weren't around much yesterday. Off directing parking with your rolled up newspaper.

BTW are you sure it was the Sun as the http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&userType=A&categoryId=72610 (website says Daily Mail) or is the Sun its equivalent here?

fair play to the staff member in Debenhams.

Could so easily have just taken the full price & said nothing.

fair play to the staff member in Debenhams.

Could so easily have just taken the full price & said nothing.

Unlike the one who hounds people to take their store card and get 30% off.

I swear I'll swing for her yet. Twice last week tormenting me. :mad:

Unlike the one who hounds people to take their store card and get 30% off.

I swear I'll swing for her yet. Twice last week tormenting me. :mad:

Resistance is futile! :D

Seriously though, in the Galway store, I've only been asked once if I wanted their store card, and they accepted my "no, thanks" without further discussion.
I have heard they can be pushy enough in other stores though.

I don't see why it's such a good deal when you can probably get 3 or 4 jumpers in Penneys for the same outlay and have money left over for The Financial Times and a cup of coffee.

Back