HSE Job Acceptance

Poster1738

Hi all, I recently accepted a post in HSE. I am currently employed with HSE and will be moving into a higher grade post. I accepted the job offer back in Jan but still havent recieved a start date due to backlogs in occ health. I was telling a friend about this and was told I should begin receiving my new salary X amount of time after accepting my new job post - can anyone give me insight into this? I cant find anything online

I have had such issues getting correct pay before I just dont trust going to either for a straight answer anymore

No there isnt yet which is what confused me about what I was told about receiving pay - I am assuming this is only interdepartmental agreements?

It depends how the job offer was phrased. It wouldn’t be uncommon to establish a candidate’s continued interest in a post before confirming an appointment.

You're going through clearance process. If all is in order, you'll be asked to agree a start date and a contract will be issued. You don't receive the higher pay until you commence the new job.

backlogs in occ health.

Seems an excessive length of time to be waiting for an Occ Health visit, but like most medical positions these days, Occ Health nurses are in short supply. Have seen some G.P. practices confirming that they can complete Occ Health reports. Perhaps if you discuss with H.R. the long delay and see if this might be another option. They may require a provider of their choice, but in the meantime you could check with your own G.P. if they can do one. Confirm of course that the HSE will meet the bill.

You're going through clearance process. If all is in order, you'll be asked to agree a start date and a contract will be issued. You don't receive the higher pay until you commence the new job.
Clearances includes Occ Health, Garda Vetting (or re-vetting), Reference checks, Verification of previous service and the normal checks in recruitment to public service. From Job offer, it can be 3-4 months before you get to the point when a start date is agreed. That date is often no sooner than 4 weeks from the date a start date is agreed. You may have to take all you annual leave before transfer or taking up your new post. As already stated, you will only be paid the new pay scale when you have started in the new position.

Clearances includes Occ Health, Garda Vetting (or re-vetting), Reference checks, Verification of previous service and the normal checks in recruitment to public service. From Job offer, it can be 3-4 months before you get to the point when a start date is agreed. That date is often no sooner than 4 weeks from the date a start date is agreed. You may have to take all you annual leave before transfer or taking up your new post. As already stated, you will only be paid the new pay scale when you have started in the new position.
The OP is already in the HSE so those checks shouldn’t apply.

The OP is already in the HSE so those checks shouldn’t apply.
Interestingly I'd to do all of them. With the exception of Garda Vetting, though they did request it, it was only when I pointed out that I'd done it 3 months earlier, from within the same hospital. Garda vetting has to be done I think every 3 years, regardless of change in employment status. In fact I'd to fill in a bunch of pension forms, previous years, etc... Very confusing, I've worked in the same hospital for pushing 15 years. Change in role was in the same hospital. I didn't need to do the same level of checks when I first moved to a different role, fixed term contract, but when I was successful in getting the permanent post, I did.

For me none of this took long to sort.

Even for existing employees, references, verification of service and occasionally Garda vetting (depending on role and how long since last vetting) are still required

Even for existing employees, references, verification of service and occasionally Garda vetting (depending on role and how long since last vetting) are still required
Thanks for that. It’s different from the Civil Service, which seems odd.

Back