How to remember the 32 Counties

dodo

I am trying to think of a way for my daughter to remember them all by some rhythm,spelling, for Connacht I came up with Mr Slg, any ideas , cheers can't think for the other's

Re: How to remember the 32 County's

I am trying to think of a way for my daughter to remember them all by some rhythm,spelling, for Connacht I came up with Mr Slg, any ideas , cheers can't think for the other's

There's only two counties, Dublin & everywhere else! :D

Had it drilled into me in school by a particularly fearsome Geography teacher, to this day I still remember them by county by province.
However - no special method Im afraid, just basic old learning by rote!

I did find this on another board - perhaps the way to go

Leinster = wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, lovely , lovely, lovely, my, chocolate, kit, kat, oooh, delicious!!

As with Caveat - we did each province!

Ohh no:eek: Caveat I have to admit you have been on my mind lately!!!
:D

Apologies, post should read, as with Truthseeker, also now that I read it 'we did each province' doesn't sound great either! :D

Apologies, post should read, as with Truthseeker, also now that I read it 'we did each province' doesn't sound great either! :D

My Leinster was (in a kind of speedy sing-song)
Louth
Meath
Dublin
Wicklow
Wexford
Carlow
Kildare
Kilkenny
Offaly
Laois
Westmeath
and Longford

Ohh no:eek: Caveat I have to admit you have been on my mind lately!!!
:D

(sigh) I know, I know - you want me to play guitar at your civil cermony.

I should warn you though I only 'do' angular post modern progressive shards of dissonance - is that OK?

(I learned in the same sequence as Truthseeker BTW - more telepathy I suppose)

(sigh) I know, I know - you want me to play guitar at your civil cermony.

Caveat I fear that if you were to be at the ceremony, there wouldn't even be one anymore!

I think I'll just adore from afar! :D

Really?
Whats your Ulster?

Down
Antrim
Derry
Fermanagh
Armagh
Tyrone
Donegal
Cavan
Monaghan

Is there an Altenative?? ... boom boom

I usually visualise the map and whats next to where. Maybe that assumes/requires a good knowledge before you start, so probably not one for da Dubs.

(P.s. with the grammar police on code orange alert lately (or whatever the high alert is), I'm surprised the thread title hasn't been attacked as yet.)

Last edited:

wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, lovely , lovely, lovely, my, chocolate, kit, kat, oooh, delicious!!

I thought this was a quote from John O'Donoghue on one his jollies abroad.

... with the grammar police on code orange alert ...
You can't say stuff like " ****** alert" and put it in the same sentence as "police", it could be construed as being ******-ist or anti-****** or implying the police are ******-whipped like successive British "Govermints".

Last edited:
When I was a kid we had [broken link removed] and it was a wonderful way to get your head around all the counties.

I did find this on another board - perhaps the way to go

Leinster = wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, lovely , lovely, lovely, my, chocolate, kit, kat, oooh, delicious!!

As with Caveat - we did each province!
Really good the little one impressed, now hungry for choclate

Had it drilled into me in school by a particularly fearsome Geography teacher, to this day I still remember them by county by province.
However - no special method Im afraid, just basic old learning by rote!

Me too. Never to be forgotten. CBS was great!

A few years back I went through all the counties I have been in to see if I had been to all of them. I was in all but 2 (Tyrone & Fermanagh) so I made a point of visiting them that year. Worth waiting for...

Back