How to opt out of 57072?

zippitydooda

Hi there,

I just looked at my mobile pghone bill and I have 16euro worth of charges from 57072 - I have no idea how I subscribed - they send trivia questions about twice a week which I just delete but now I've realised this is charged to my bill at 1.65 a text plus VAT!

I guess I have no hope of getting the money back but I texted opt out to the number and I just got another trivia question back...can anyone tell me how to unsubscribe to this masked robbery?
Thanks!

Z

Re: How to opt out of 57072??

I was also in the same positon (cost €2.00 a pop) and called into the O2 shop on Friday. The solution to the problem:

Just text STOP (must be in caps) to 57072. You will receive a confirmation that you are unsubscribed

That should work, but it don't always.

You may have to get onto your network provider to make sure it is cancelled.

When I sent the STOP text I received the following message, which looks like a confirmation of cancellation to me, so hopefully that's the end of it.

"You have now been unsubscribed from this service. Thanks for being a customer and we hope you will come back soon"

Good stuff. That will be the end of it for you.

I had a rather annoying one that would not accept the STOP message. In the end I had to get Regtel and Vodafone involved.

I was the same "STOP" didn't work,i had to contact 02 and they sorted it out.

A friend had some text service (A different one I think) texting them and was deleting them. Then realised he was getting billed by them. Couldn't remember ever subscribing. But when contacted the text service refunded the money charged. Which I was surprised at.

Thanks a mill for the advice - it looks like STOP has worked!! I guess now I'll be a little more clued in when I receive these texts in future! Thanks god I checked the phone bill before it went too far....

Back