How to change exterior appearance of house and how much

bambam

What could you do to change the exterior on a redbrick house and would it cost the earth???

not sure exactly what you mean by *change* but you can paint over red brick to change it's colour..but personally I would avoid doing this unless it's really in a bad state. My own is red brick but I wouldn't dream of painting it despite some efferesence in spots and it 25yrs old.

Thanks pudds, we would prefer a rendered finish, not sure if I could plaster over the redbrick and if we could would it be prohibitively expensive.

bambam,

You should inquire of your planning officer what they will accept in your area.

If your house is a protected structure or in an architectural conservation area you may be limited in what you can do.

Section 4 1 h of the Planning and Development Act is your friend, but only insofar as it may be interpreted by the planning office.

You may affect the value of your property by applying a painted finished to existing red brickwork - it isn't something you should do on the hop.

ONQ.

[broken link removed]

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal and building professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matters at hand.

Back