How to avoid the isolation of being a homebased business startup owner?

ivorystraws

Hi,

Just a quick question, for those of you who are IT contractor's or who have started to work on some small startup and paying for some incubation space is not a viable option but you'd like a change of scenery outside of the house.... where to go or what do you do in instances like this?
So in Dublin for example, are libraries, cafe's, hotel lobby's, shopping centers the answer? I know some have wireless broadband access but not all and obviously some are fee-based services. Are there some low-cost co-working facilities out there that can be used on an ad-hoc basis? It's articles like and this that have kindof inspired this question so I guess I'm looking for something similar and to work with like-minded people.

I'm aware of entrepreneurial programmes such as the Hothouse programme which provide free incubation space and a training grant for successful applicants so other such programmes would be helpful too, thanks.

I guess this thread is also related to the question whether startups are more successful with two founders as opposed to one?

[broken link removed]

Theres also local groups that get startups together. Can't remember their name off hand.

[broken link removed]

Theres also local groups that get startups together. Can't remember their name off hand.

Yea, I'm aware of all of the incubation space available, Dublin City Enterprise Board has a listing of them on their wesbite and I'm assumming they don't offer their facilities and services for free or at a minimal cost so it's not exactly what I'm looking for but thanks for the response. I'd be interested in knowing more about the local groups that get startups together if you can find out.

Back