How much does your rubbish collection cost?

H

Henny Penny

Got my bill today 416 ... just wondering how the rest of the country fare. Waste is not weighed.

Bin Charges depend on the Council Area

Well we pay €6 per collection, the green bin collection is "free" but if you don't have a green bin, the charge is half the price!

Works out a total of €312 for the year.

Any help?

Re: Bin Charges depend on the Council Area

Eur 2.50 per bag - our area is classed as inner city so remains on bag collection, we don't get bins and we no longer pay any standing charge as far as I know. We put one bag out about once a month. So probably about Eur 30 p.a. total. Dublin City Council area. There's also a free green bag collection about once a month. We compost most of our kitchen waste. We've been trying to cut down on the amount of plastic packaging that we accumulate but there's still quite a bit which we bring to the local Bring centre along with bottles, batteries etc.

€300 per annum. Waste collection is privatised.

This includes a small green bin (for regular rubbish) and a large blue recycle bin. They are collected every alternate week. My neighbour, who is a friend, shares the bin. He takes care of the green bin, I take care of the blue one. Well, we do live in a friendly neighbourhood! :)

Glass bottles are taken to the bottle bank. Glass jars are given to mother to make jams and chutneys. :)

Marion :hat

Glass jars are given to mother to make jams and chutneys.

You must have gums of steel. Unless you mean that she uses them as receptacles? ;)

I only needed to buy 8 €6 bin tags in 2004. I bring all glass, plastic and garden waste to the local bring centre and compost all kitchen waste.

€276 per year for a small type wheelie bin (collected every week) and a large green recycling bin (collected every two weeks)

re: Rubbish collection charge

31pm for privatised collection. You get one green bin and one blue bin for recycling and they are collected on alternate weeks. Bring all glass to local bring centre.
Havn't started composting yet but looking at options of either a wormery or standard one at the moment.
Anyone composting have trouble with rodents? Knowe someone whose composter had a large rat in when she went to it. This has put me off slightly???!

Re: re: Rubbish collection charge

Fobs, have a look through discussion to alleviate your concern with rodents

Re: ..

Dubs comfortably pass the Dublin Government just 80 euro for their standing service charge residents of Cork City must find a whopping 255 euro for the same service! If you put out a bin to be collected each week its now going to knock you up to 515 euro a year.

Limerick City: €360 p.a. (in 2 six-monthly instalments)
Includes
(a) weekly collection of a standard-size wheelybin - weighed (or so they claim :rolleyes ), and you can be charged if you go over, but not refunded if you're under... :mad
(b) one recycling bag per week. If you want more, they're €5 a pop. So the more you recycle, the more you pay... :mad

Suits me reasonably well, 'cause we've a large family. But couples/singles are really fleeced. Their only alternative is to use the suppliers' refuse bags at €7.50 a go. One per week of each bag = €12.50 per week = €650 p.a. You'd have to use fewer than one each per fortnight to pay less than the standard bin + bag deal...

(b) one recycling bag per week. If you want more, they're €5 a pop. So the more you recycle, the more you pay...
Which is why 'recycle' comes after 'reduce' & 're-use' in the priorities list.

Don't you already pay about 63 quid a year towards recycling even though its not so well known?? That is to say, that 63 quid of yoru standing charge for refuse must be used towards recylcing...

Dubs comfortably pass the Dublin Government just 80 euro for their standing service charge

I'm not sure that this is correct. Us Dubs pay the charges to the relevant local authority - and not to central government - and the local authority sets the charges based on their budget/projections for the year. I'm not sure why there seems to be such a disparity in charges both within (c.f. our €2.50 a bag and no standing charge versus the charges faced by others in the Dublin City Council local authority area) and across local authority areas.

Cork Couunty Council charge €0.31 per kg on the by by weight collection system - billed quarterly - so I've no fecking idea how much it's gonna cost. There is also an annual levy of €120 (I think) on topof that.
Given that more people are now recycling & I see the bins put out less often I think that they will increase the fee to €15.92 per kg next year.

Would prefer to have the pay as you go bin tag system.

ninsaga

Back