How long from approval to drawdown when switching to avant

Broker lodged March 3rd, said there is back log. No word back on what seems to be a very straight forward switch. Seems a bit long. Anyone else have to wait this long?

Our timeline so far (will update when needed)
10 Feb - made first contact with Doddl via online form
12 Feb - contacted by broker
15 Feb - online meeting with broker, begin process of applying online, and uploading photos and scans of ID, payslips, bank statements, salary certs, etc.
22 Feb - application submitted to Avant
1 March - Avant ask for a few clarifications
16 March - broker replies with AIP
25 March - valuation takes place
28 March - valuation received

We started ours on Jan17th. Every single step has had delays with every promised date being missed. Last Monday the loan offer was 48 hours away, it is now sometime next week.

They requested way more information than was required and I had to refuse some of it. In one case they actually requested bank statements from a business I was a director in. This was even though this business was closed and listed as struck off on the CRO.

We started ours on Jan17th. Every single step has had delays with every promised date being missed. Last Monday the loan offer was 48 hours away, it is now sometime next week.

They requested way more information than was required and I had to refuse some of it. In one case they actually requested bank statements from a business I was a director in. This was even though this business was closed and listed as struck off on the CRO.
They missed two of their deadlines with us - but we've had no requests for further info - straight forward enough case - and submitted in February- it's crazy slow

I wonder if they had a surge of applications from UB and KBC switchers availing of the €1,500 cashback (which is no longer offered)? Or if they just have really high volumes because their rates are the lowest?

Last edited:
I wonder if they had a surge of applications from UB and KBC switchers availing of the €1,500 cashback (which is no longer offerd)? Or if they just have really high volumes because their rates are the lowest?
I'm told they've had a 300% increase in applications- but still promising 10 days for a decision - which hasn't been the case for me - even if they could give an honest timeline I'd be happy - you could plan. But with no inclination of what way it'll go its very annoying.

I'm told they've had a 300% increase in applications- but still promising 10 days for a decision - which hasn't been the case for me - even if they could give an honest timeline I'd be happy - you could plan. But with no inclination of what way it'll go its very annoying.
Same. If at the start they'd said hey, we are busy, it'll take 3 months for the first step rather than the usual 2 weeks, I'd have said fine and planned accordingly. As it stands now, I can't say I'd recommend them.

Same. If at the start they'd said hey, we are busy, it'll take 3 months for the first step rather than the usual 2 weeks, I'd have said fine and planned accordingly. As it stands now, I can't say I'd recommend them.
Exactly - if they'd just said so you could plan it would just be easier- but this constant 'it'll be 19 working days from x date" is not helpful. And especially when so many others are saying they ask for lots of clarifications - I'm concerned that I haven't had any that they are still to come!

How long did you wait from requesting valuation with VMS to actually getting it? Has anyone ever managed to get any response from those valuers?

How long did you wait from requesting valuation with VMS to actually getting it? Has anyone ever managed to get any response from those valuers?
I had a phone call within a number of hours and the guy was in the house within 3 days.

You have to use their form along with the reference number otherwise it won't even accept your details. They then assign someone to you so you shouldn't be trying to call them.

I had a phone call within an hour, then they arrived and did the valuation an hour later!

Here's my rough timeline:

17th Jan - contacted broker
28th Jan - sent all requested docs, some back and forth with questions from the broker
8th Feb - AIP, with list of other requests for info
9th Feb - valuation complete
16th Feb - sent additional docs that were requested
23rd Feb - requested and sent on MPP docs
1st March - loan offer issued
14th Mar - signed with solicitor
25th Mar - mortgage drawn down
1st Apr - welcome letter from Avant, confirming DD date will be 24th of the month (so, day before it's drawn down)

It felt slow to me while waiting at each stage, but it was my first time switching, so not sure if it was actually a long process or if that was normal. I did find they were nit-picking quite a bit, with the things they questioned. I had to send them copies of the kids account statements as well as our own, which I thought was strange. They were also very picky about the way my address was listed on the home insurance policy - I live on the border of two counties. Our eircode is for county A (and therefore that was listed on insurance), but they insisted it be recorded as county B. Insurance company had no problem changing it and reissuing letter though.

After signing loan offer with solicitor last week Avant have come back asking for the solicitor to write a letter confirming they undertake to clear existing mortgage with AIB once Avant money has been drawn down.

After signing loan offer with solicitor last week Avant have come back asking for the solicitor to write a letter confirming they undertake to clear existing mortgage with AIB once Avant money has been drawn down.
Doddl actually told me to remind the solicitor when in there as it is regularly forgotten

Wow gone through the process of switching with the broker started the process on the 8th Feb.

After supplying everything bar my mothers maiden name eventually submitted application on the 31st March just on the deadline to get cash back but if we dont get it so be it

However still waiting for response from Avant and broker has said

With special offer deadline it’s taking up to 3 weeks for approval

I can understand they are swamped with applications but 3 week wait seems excessive?

3/11 First contacted broker
10/02 Received Approval in Principle
11/03 Received Mortgage Offer
11/04 Funds received and complete

We are a fairly complex case. I am a proprietary director. My wife is part-time sole trader and part-time PAYE employee on a fixed term contract. I have submitted 38 different documents, on top of what my wife has submitted.

Still, now have a 7 year fix at 1.95% just as the global economy is going into a period of uncertainty.

Two things that unexpectedly held us up at the end:
- Getting deed papers from current lender
- Getting updated benefit statement from mortgage life insurance people.

Back