How long can I keep nail varnish?

clueless

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how long nail varnish will last if the bottle hasn't been opened?

I have found it depends on the brand and colour/type. I bought a bargain Nails Inc set in TK Maxx but the polish consistency had gone weird & didn't set properly - the set would have been out about 2 years previously.
On the other hand I have bottles (which have been opened occasionally) that are 5+ years old that are fine to still use (Leighton Denny, OPI, Nails Inc), but it can vary a bit.
Old polish will tend to separate in the bottle, but shaking it usually sorts that out.

Thanks everyone for the tips. I don't like throwing it out because I have a few bottles open at any one time. The problem is it has been getting thicker and harder to apply. Will drop in a bit of nail varnish remover to thin it out.

That tip definitely works. If you can get your hands on a very small funnel it helps and only needs a couple of drops at a time. After adding a few drops then shake it well and leave for a day or so to settle and see if the consistency is right and if not add some more :)

Back