How do you promote a holiday rental?

BrixnMortar

Can anyone suggest good cheap marketing channels for hign quality holiday home rentals in Kerry. What websites are good? What referral agencies are good value? Where do Irish, English and continental visitors look when they are looking for breaks?

Are there any niches that are succesful? For example, how do you attract people off season? What markets do you target, and how? (eg. retired people, people who take holidays in the off season (eg. people who work on oil rigs etc.) . Any advice at all would be appreciated!

(My brother and I have finished building a fantastic house in South Kerry, with gorgeous views from the Blaskets to Dingle to Cahirciveen. It is designed and built to high standards, including under-floor heating, and furnished to Bord Failte 4 star standards. Only problem is, we are having difficulty marketing it. We have bookings for most of July and August, but to break even we need to do better than that. )

Thanks

Hi,

I guess you could do a web search for 'holidays in Kerry' etc and see what websites come up. For what it is worth when we are holidaying in Ireland we have used the Dream Ireland & Self-catering Ireland websites. I'd usually look at them for a holiday here and next time I would probably look at Daft as well - the holiday section of it seems to be attracting more advertisers than previously.

my dad comes from that area and i spent nearly all my school holidays down there.

I am not too sure where you would advertise for off-season rentals but two of the biggest draws for that part of the world are golfing and fishing. If I were you I would find buy a few golfing magazines and see if there are any advertisements in them for holiday rental websites. You could also do worse than talk to the golf clubs directly and see if they know what companies organise golfing tours to that part of Ireland. I would do the same for the fishing crowd, though I am not too sure when the season starts & finishes.

also have you tried here..?

http://www.corkkerry.ie/accomodation.asp

Back