How do you fix a young tree broken in half?

One

One of my trees was broken yesterday. The diameter of the tree is about 3-4cm.

I was told that if I 'sat' the top half back onto the bottom half as best I could, and tied it there, it may well mend itself and continue to grow as normal. I was also told that it is possible to get some sort of 'tree glue' which may be put where the tree has broken and may help the tree mend itself?

Has anyone seen 'tree glue'?
Is there any other advice that you can give?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I have heard of this being successfully done. It would be similar to grafting onto a tree. However afraid I don't have any details on products to use or where to get them.

The person I heard had used it was repair slightly thinner trees than yours though.

I'd say best bet is to ring around to a few good garden centres.

Yep, did this at my parents' house after yobs bent \ snapped a tree. Stood it up right and supported with a stake. Bought the glue at Atlantic and painted it on where the bark was damaged. Its looks like thick grease and creates an artifical bark until the tree heals itself. Four years ago and tree is growing healthly.

yip... i agree with bricktop,.. have used that stuff few years back and worked well... be sure to support the tree as firm as possible to allow it re-attach

Saw it on sale in Johnstown Garden centre recently, don't know what area you're in but maybe try ringing a few garden centres.

Hi,
a tree I planted, was broken in half by some vandals just the other day.
Do you remember the name of that 'tree glue' so I can try to repair it?
Or can you suggest anything that I might use as 'tree glue'?
Thanks in advance

Back