how can i invest in oil??

mellew

i would like to invest in oil 20k , and let my investment sit until oil goes back up. i dont want to invest in oil companies, i just want to buy brent at low price say 50dollars a barrell, is this possible??

You can invest directly in the USO which is probably the easiest way. Derivatives are an alternative way of gaining exposure but are not for the novice investor imo.

or buy an etf through [broken link removed]

very low costs....buy and sell like any other share.

Oilgeezer - I note that in all eight of your posts on Askaboutmoney, you recommend this UK website. Have you any connection with the site?

Which one of the above is oilgeezer?

Also,

is going through etfsecurities the best way to invest in oil?
Is etfsecurities safe?
Are there currency issues?
(I am a complete novice)

Using a spreadbetting company is by far and away the easiest way to invest in anything including oil.

Which one of the above is oilgeezer?

Also,

is going through etfsecurities the best way to invest in oil?
Is etfsecurities safe?
Are there currency issues?
(I am a complete novice)

You can buy ETFs like any other share. The easiest for a novice is through an online account with an Irish stockbroker. Check out the FAQ at

The base currency for any ETF is the currency that is important for currency issues. I'd have to check but I suspect that most oil ETFs would have a US dollar base currency since oil is traded in dollars.

Using a spreadbetting company is by far and away the easiest way to invest in anything including oil.

Yes, after a lot of reading I've come to this conclusion too.

However, what is the best spread betting company to go with? World Spreads appear to be the market leader here in Ireland.

Maybe some of the UK versions are an option too?

Back