Hotmail asking me to sign in again but then it won't let me

ice

Hi,

I am having difficulty viewing my emails on hotmail. I can get into the account OK but when I try to open an email the following comes up

Please sign in again. To help protect your personal information, we periodically sign you out (for example, after 24 hours or when you sign in to a different account). Sign in again

Then when I try to click the link to sign in it says:
The page you are trying to view wants to shut this window, do you want to close it?

If I click yes it closes the page and if I click no then the page is blank.

I have tried the Help centre but can't find anything...

Anyone any ideas ????
Thanks

If you also use the Windows Live messenger, I'd suggest you try and access your hotmail account from there.
I have an hotmail account too, had no problem accessing it today. I am not logged in all the time, though, as it is better (to protect personal information) to sign out frequently.

Hi Ice,

Here's a permanent solution to the problem:

Inform all your contacts in your MSN contact list (you need to access it thru MSN messenger cos you won't be able to do so thru Hotmail) to send all future emails to another account e.g. [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] etc. If you don't have any other account, please register for one.

I used to encounter problems opening hotmail in Internet Explorer. I thought it was because of some kind of internal squabble between the guys working in IE and Hotmail departments at Microsoft so they try to screw each other up. I found that using Firefox could solve the problem. But now, even Firefox doesn't work and I get the same message that you are getting. I have never had any problems with Yahoo or Gmail so here's a smart solution for you to consider.

Good luck

Back