Hospital cover abroad-Hibernian i-plan lv 2

jdwex

Hi
A friend of mine was taken ill while in the states visiting family. She had to spend two days in hospital.

It appears that she is covered by her policy. Should she just forward the bill when it arrives, or should she pay the hospital and then claim a refund?

Thanks

Last edited:
Re: Hospital cover abroad-Hibernia i-plan lv 2

this is like comparethemeerkat.com and comparethemarket.com - Hibernia is a college, Hibernian is the insurer ;)

When she was in hospital, did she or a friend/family member contact Hibernian Health to arrange payment?

In the rulebook, it says "Hibernian Aviva Health will only pay for services under this benefit where a member uses the international assistance number stated on the membership card in advance of receiving any treatment and follows the advice given."

I don't know how stringent Hibernian are with it though.

In any case, to make a claim, Hibernian will need medical information from the consultant that treated her, so it won't be as simple as just sending the bills/receipts. If the international assistance number wasn't rang, she should ring Hibernian on Tuesday (they're not open on Saturdays) and see what the process is.

Back