Other homebond

M

mmoynihan

Hi
I have a question about HOMEBOND. My daughters have recently built a house in Dublin. The builder had assured them that he held a HOMEBOND certificate. He left the job with some items infinished and damage to the ajoining premises and we now have discovered that he never held HOMEBOND. the building society is not willing the give the last draw down on the mortgage without this homebond. The architect is also not willing to complete a certificate of supervison as he did not fully project manage the build. What options are there in this situation. The solicitor has said they may be able to get HOMEBOND themselves. Please advise on what can be done

Regards

marie Moynihan

Hi Mary -

I do not have the knowledge to answer your question Mary sorry -
However the following publication may contain some information which might be of some assistance:

National Consumer Agency Website - The Home Construction Industry and the Consumer in Ireland - A Report published in November 2008.

http://www.nca.ie/eng/Research_Zone/Reports/Home_Construction/introduction.html

Volume 3: Legal Issues
Volume 4: Insurance Issues

I draw your attention to Volume 3 Legal Issues and also Volume 4 Insurance Issues - both of which hopefully will contain information that will assist.

Andy

Back