Home home insurance

kim

Hi

Just wondering, I got my house insurance renewal price and the sum insured for the building is €211900 it has increased since last yr and the yr before so has the contents sum, I was wondering If I bought my house for €183000 in 2005 why would the buildings sum being going up every year if the value of houses are coming down? I dont get it? Id say my house is only worth about €183000 at the mo, anyway my insurance premium has gone up this yr by €7 euro a month thats €84 a year! I know its very small but im sick of these insurance hikes, my health ins went up by €8 a month and thats €96 a year my life insurance is due for renewal too and I cant see that staying the same price! it all adds up thats come to 180 a year!

mine has gone up also but when i looked through document i was overinsured on the re-build and the contents so priced the rebuild costs on chartered surveyors site and gave new details to my insurer,, waiting on them now to get back to me with new quote

Did a quick search and came across this thread http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=25507 .

SCS.ie, zurich.ie have places to calculate rebuilding cost.

As a by the way, I recently changed my home ins via chill.ie and found a company called benchmark quite competitive. They are wholly owned by RSA and came in considerably cheaper than even RSA themselves.

I don't know anything else about them and I have no relationship other than as a consumer with any of the above.

Back