home insurance & coverage

viztopia

i just got a call from the insurance broker that i deal with on my house insurance. apparently i have had no cover since last december. i agree this is no one's fault except my own and the person in the insurance brokers office said that they sent me a letter..... this doesnt bother me as luckily i have had no reason to make a claim (hopefully the house will be still standing when i go home from work this evening!!). she then told me that i have to pay €448 and i asked will that cover from today and she said no it would be backdated to december 2007. i am not being cheap here but if i was not covered i am not paying for the insurance and i want a policy from todays date. I couldnt get this through to the girl in the office. i know her boss personally, thats why i deal with them and he is to call me back. if i didnt know him i would just get house cover somewhere else. does anyone have an opinion on this?

Sounds like they might have renewed the policy on your behalf, but have not collected the premium from you - otherwise why would they be looking for premium on a cancelled policy?? Maybe your mate was doing you a favour by keeping you on cover without payment (although strictly speaking he shouldn't have done this). If they can prove you were on cover I'd pay up - but €448 seems a bit saucy, what type of cover were you getting for this?

Back