Holiday in Turkey

Merlin

Hi there,
Have finally decided that this year it's time to visit Turkey. Got badly burned booking with a well known travel agent last year and have decided I'll do my own thing this year as in book flight only and book accommodation via the web.

Would have loved to spend a few days in Istambul but have just realised that it's 900 km away from where I planned my beach holiday.

I was looking at Alanya or surrounding area to spend about a week and have 3 days or so to spend in a city not too far away (Antalya).

Has anyone any recommendations ?

M.

Not sure how easy they are to get to from Ireland but some of the Black Sea resorts would probably be more convenient to Istanbul in case that's of any use? And probably less prone to the sort of lager lout tourist that might predominate in some of the other (especially Agean coast) resorts. If I was going to Turkey again I'd certainly check out the Black Sea and Mediterranean resorts sooner than some of the others and would definitely try to fit in Istanbul.

If your going to travel independently then this crowd ......

[broken link removed] are the Ryanair of the Europe to Turkey Scene. They fly from Amsterdam, Brussels, Eindhoven and Maastrict to about 3 different turkish cities including Istanbul and prices are generally very cheap.

Back