Herberton Apts, Dublin 8, Bad area?

I viewed these apartments at the weekend. They have a great finish and I am considering buying . Although the average price is more like 270 to 280 and not 230 advertised!! Is this the same price that they were? I still think that they are worth it- but it would be useful info to have to help me haggle!! Your input would be appreciated.

Hey, I moved into my apartment before xmas and the one I am in now was initially priced at 375,000. But I got it for 320,000 plus 20,000 for car space, which is crazy!!!!! Its so annoying that they are now even cheaper, but I'll have to get over that :). I'm loving living there and its great to finally have my own place. At 270/280g youre getting a bargain me thinks - g'luck with it anyway whatever you decide.

does anyone know anything about it?

Was down there yesterday and basically you pay 300 upfront for the year, or you can pay a monthly direct debit of 30 euro. Depends on what you prefer to do. there is no joining fee. The place looks great and I'm heading down there tonight to get my program done, looking fwd to it. Will be great to have it so close, with a pool and all the other stuff. really well laid out and the pool area is fab!

I viewed these apartments at the weekend. They have a great finish and I am considering buying . Although the average price is more like 270 to 280 and not 230 advertised!! Is this the same price that they were? I still think that they are worth it- but it would be useful info to have to help me haggle!! Your input would be appreciated.
Considering one beds were 310 plus it's a pretty good deal. Think the 2 beds were in the mid to high 3's?

Thanks guys. I am going to go ahead. What do you think about the last blocks though? It will prob be sometime before they are done? I don't really want to sit around waiting for them to come on the market but if I thought they would be six months or so I'd hang on. I get the impression that the builder is at the bottom possible prices now- and with the finish that they have it's difficult to see how it could go much cheaper.

But I got it for 320,000 plus 20,000 for car space.

The parking spaces are now going for €5,000. We also paid €20,000. I didn't really mind the price difference in apartments, as this is unavoidable, but when I heard that the spaces are now going for 25% of what we paid if was definitely a kick in the teeth.

G.

OMG thats unreal - cant believe the car spaces are so cheap now - robbers!!! and I debated for so long at the time over that car space. Wrong decision big time! :-(

We only paid €15000 for our carparking space. We didn't ask for a discount - it was offered. We even had a friend of ours call up and try to enquire about a deal on getting the €20,000 knocked down to see could we get it cheaper or if we weren't getting a good deal at all - but they wouldn't budge. How strange

Just on another note, I suppose the good thing is - you'll probably always be able to rent the apartments out - better with a car parking space!

Apparently car spaces are €5k for launch week and will then be €10k though they may well be open to negotiation? Bet they wish now they had made them available to buy with one beds at the beginning!!!

Car park spaces are 5 k. Re the properties they have launched they are selling others that weren't launched as part of this launch !!! And wondering why they have said that three beds are not really for sale?

I moved into block B in October, delighted with it. One bed with parking and at one level not amused to see the prices falling, but I wouldn't have gotten the mortgage now. Swings, roundabouts.

gcooke was talking about an informal residents committee, and I would be interested. even just meet in someones place for a coffee and discuss bits and pieces and go to P Elliot as a united front. I'm happy to organise.

Other than some boiler related issues (I got to play with my new toolkit grunt grunt) my place is fine, no issues at all.

About the gym, whats the story with getting the free years membership if you owned pre the blitz? Anyone enquire? Looks fantastic and I will join, but would prefer to do so for free obviously.

gcooke was talking about an informal residents committee, and I would be interested. even just meet in someones place for a coffee and discuss bits and pieces and go to P Elliot as a united front. I'm happy to organise.

I'm definitely up for that. Maybe this weekend? Also at least one other resident near us interested. Good idea to get some numbers, obviously you won't want 30 people piling into your apartment. HOC- I'll PM you my email address.

G.

I'm definitely up for that. Maybe this weekend? Also at least one other resident near us interested. Good idea to get some numbers, obviously you won't want 30 people piling into your apartment. HOC- I'll PM you my email address.

G.

Anyone who is a resident and is interested in even getting a mailing list together, PM me.

Deffo set up a network at least and keep abreast of whats going on.

Hey folks
I'd be interested in meeting up. I have a larger 2 bed apt so wouldn't mind hosting. HOC - will pm you if I can figure out how to do it!

Hi all, I went ahead with my purchase in Blk. A. Really happy with apartment. I'm glad to see a commitee. Its a great idea to act as one group.

Was down there yesterday and basically you pay 300 upfront for the year, or you can pay a monthly direct debit of 30 euro. Depends on what you prefer to do. there is no joining fee. The place looks great and I'm heading down there tonight to get my program done, looking fwd to it. Will be great to have it so close, with a pool and all the other stuff. really well laid out and the pool area is fab!

Thanks a lot! It is really cheap and great place!

Hi Airtight
I bought an apartment here when the prices were high and I've since joined the gym and I loved it. I think you should definitely buy here. It's a great location it's 20 mins from town, 30 mins from stephens green, 15 to the phoenix park right beside a hospital there's a lidl near by (within 5 min walk) and a few local pubs - a hotel down in kilmainham (Hilton) and heuston down the road.

The new gym is fantastic too btw - really sate of the art and 2 separate pools with a jacuzzi steam room and sauna. There's even a machine for drying your swimming togs :) For the prices on offer now, you'd be mad not to buy.

Back