help! phone won't charge in US

speirbhean

hi there... I'm on the West coast of the US and my trusty Nokia 3120 phone won't charge. the charger was working fine at home and the phone was fine too... I bought the socket adaptor in Dublin airport and it's working okay for the computer. Could it be a voltage problem? All help appreciated thanks.

Can you attach your phone via USB to the laptop and charge it that way? You can buy these cables, specific to the model phone, fairly cheaply.

Its a bit strange that phone charger won't work as most chargers now "know" what the input line voltage is and adapt.

The other option, if you have a rental, is to use a 12v car charger, if you have one.

If all else fails check the Nokia web-site here

Last edited:
The Charger may only be 220V and not 110v/220v range. You can read that on the bacxk of the charger. If it is only 220v then it will not work. (happened to me before)

Thanks for the help... I've charged it in Europe before, never thought US would be a problem :( - will start search for charger in the morning (in two hours time :)

have a look on the side of the charger where the pins are...

Most Nokia chargers have Input 100-240V

If it says this, then it should work....try a different socket

Same thing happened me this year. Your local walmart will have a charger that will do the job for you. If you want you can get a car one use in your hire car and it will work in your car back here too.

UPDATE - thanks again guys. I got a car charger in RadioShack that did the job nicely. Seriously - thanks for the advice... I was panicing there for a while... it's a work trip and I'd be lost without the phone!

Back