Hearing Aids.

Branz

Just got a hearing test done and am profoundly deaf at the higher end: she shoved 105 dB at 8k Hz and I heard zip: that about right for the OH in full flow :)

Anyone any experience on products and service from folk like SS and HH or others

Mods If this sort of discussion is verboten in public then delete it please
Thanks

I had a good experience from Specsavers. But first I had to go route of being checked out by ENT consultant and had two grommuts inserted over a seven years or so. Same problem returned so this time I opted for a hearing aid. I only need one so got a discount for not taking the second one. There was a 30 day trial period and three visits of gradually tuning up sound of the device to 'prescription level'. I have free batteries for years (4 or 8?) and can return whenever I want to have a new filter put in. She suggested every few months and annually there is another visit to check hearing and hearing aid. I will include cost of it as a medical expense against tax. I do appreciate how much better I hear especially in crowded situations with lot of background noise. I don't need to turn up radio or telly so loud either. I have one that is 'behind the ear' and no one notices I am wearing it. Depending on your problem it may be suitable for you otherwise there is one that goes into the ear.

Back