VHI health insurance advice?

Tebbit

My renewal for teachers plan with VHI is due soon, could anyone recommend something with equal cover and costs a little less? Its 1491 this year up from 1340 last year and I'd like something nearer to last years price?

Tebbit,

When is your renewal date?
Is it VHI Teachers plan or VHI Teachers Plan Select that you are on at the moment.
Your price seems to include a discount as the HIA price is showing 1679pa for Teachers plan with VHI.

Snowyb

Unfortunately only 4 days left to pick. Yes I do have a discount. I'd like good cover as I've a chronic illness. Its just last year it went up by the same amount. I'm on teachers plan. Not the select one

The Teachers plan you are on at the moment has no hospital excess which is a good option especially if you have a chronic illness.
This type of plan is usually a bit more expensive, but there is a cheaper alternative with VHI.
Details as follows;

One Plan Extra; price 1530pa; same hospital cover as before, no hospital excess.
[broken link removed]

One Plan Extra is the cheapest plan on the market with no excess to pay for private admissions or day case.
You can factor in your discount based on the basic price above.

Snowyb

Back