has anyone been told their property has to be registered with the Land Registry?

There is another group involved in all these queries who seem to be escaping without blame - If you're buying an AH by private finance then you will have your own Solicitor. It's for your solicitor to raise all the appropriate pre-contract queries and explain the clawback.

Without naming names some Solicitors literally make no pre-contract queries whereas some will raise 20 or 30 or more depending on the title docs provided. Unfortunately the purchasers aren't usually privvy to what their solicitor has asked of the council or how much work they've put in. I'd advise if you have any queries you should get your solicitor to raise them in pre-contract queries

Nathan - Did you have any luck with those email addresses i gave to you?

Hi Helen,

I did have some luck. Ronan Rogers responded and suggested I contact Mr. Gerry Ellis, Senior legal assistant.For those in the same positiona s me his no. is 222-3021 and you will get him between 10.30am-1pm and 2.30pm-5pm every day mon-fri.

Nathan, thats good, glad i could be even a little help for you. Ronan i found was the most helpful of everyone that i talked to in DCC legal and affordable side. Hopefully you wil get sorted with the correct answers and sort it all out. let us know how you get on. take care.

Hi,

Is there any way to find out online or by calling the land registry to determine what stage the property is at in the mapping process?

Cheers,

Also, Helen,

How long did it take for you to complete this process? We got mortgage approval to buy out the council and we're hoping to get the ball rolling asap.

Is there any way to find out online or by calling the land registry to determine what stage the property is at in the mapping process?

Contact your TD, they have a special arrangement with the Land Registry to get this information. Supposed to be a three-day turnaround.

Thanks for the info.

DCC contacted me yesterday afternoon to say that I'll have a sorting number (I think) within the next 2-3 weeks. He said this number should be acceptable to push ahead with the mortgage :)

Nathan, yes it is possible to contact the land registery to see where your process is at the moment, i rang them every week. Regarding the sorting number: If this is the number i think it is, it isnt really that useful to you. We had been giving a number by DCC to say that that we could use this also, however we later found out this is just a reference from them and not a correct registration number of your property. My advise is to contact these guys.
http://www.landregistry.ie/eng/Contact_Us/Registry_of_Deeds_Contact_Details1.html

ask them where your property is at present. Is it in the mapping stage yet? then my next piece of advise would be to again, ring DCC legal dept, ask them to put a letter into the reg office for you to have your property put into the fast lane as such. It will be removed from he main waiting list, and put onto a fast list. Their reason for doing this from DCC to the register office would be due to you not being able to buy them out until it is registered. They will take this on board.

Nathan, from us finding out that it wasnt land registered, to alot of ringing and emailing and ringing and emailing and ringing etc... it took in all 3 months. If you have got approval from the bank, this approval should be ok for 6 months, so i would say that your ok time wise to keep this approval and being registered. But you would 100% need to get DCC legal dept to forward a letter to Land register office for you to speed this along. I did one myself also and sent it. Dont know if that did any good mind, but it didnt do any harm... :)

shouldnt take years to get your registration sorted with the land reg. Once the solicitor lodges the deeds, they are issued with a dealing number. Once the dealing isnt queried ,ie incomplete documents etc,should be no issue buying out the council or moving your mortgage to another lender. Very important to check that the registration is complete in either situation though. The amount of cases that crop up every month where the registration either hasnt been completed properly or the solicitor has just sat on the deeds for years even though they've been paid for registration is just incredible.
Beauchamps are normally pretty good when it comes to dealing with the council.

shouldnt take years to get your registration sorted with the land reg. Once the solicitor lodges the deeds, they are issued with a dealing number. Once the dealing isnt queried ,ie incomplete documents etc,should be no issue buying out the council or moving your mortgage to another lender. Very important to check that the registration is complete in either situation though. The amount of cases that crop up every month where the registration either hasnt been completed properly or the solicitor has just sat on the deeds for years even though they've been paid for registration is just incredible.
Beauchamps are normally pretty good when it comes to dealing with the council.

Hey,
I'm afraid it can take up to 3 years and more in some cases, if you ring land registry they will tell you this. I know with South Dublin they had a freeze about a year ago on all land registery for 2 years as they were going to change to digital mapping. Regarding North Dublin, the reg process can deffintely take a couple of years, we were rushed through ours very quickly by going the way i explained to Nathan, and this still took, from time of signing with council - 1 year and 3 months (Nathan, this is from when we first signed at the very start to Affordable housing with DCC) and not from start of process to try push reg through). Regarding the dealing number, we had this very quickly and were informed we still could not buy wtih this number. We had to have the land registery number for the property. Now it depends who you talk to in the Council re this, as it had been told we could buy out originally as i've stated in previous posts, by a female in DCC who said we coudl go ahead once we had the dealing number, but this was not so. To buy out your apt, you need a FOLIO number. This is 100%. I'm talking experience here i'm afraid. It woudl be totally different if it was not affordable housing or shared ownership, eg. buying or selling your own property, but due to it being affordable housing/shared ownership it is this way. If you ring Beauchamps they will tell you this also.

ive just completed a council buyout with just a dealing number and permission from the council so can be done..

tabris6ie - very strange that, i dont doubt you've done it, but well it was totally different for me, and obviously Nathan also. Well i've given all the info i can, and i'm trying to be helpful to Nathan to what i had to do when i came across the same issue as him. So i'll continue that for him or anyone else who has been told the same. If you've been told different and done different i'm actually delighted for you, cos it can be quiet painstaking sorting this out with alot of calls etc, and its nice to see it wasnt too bad for you. are you with DCC or south council?

Did you just buy in parkivew? Have you bought them out already?

I work in mortgages, we get a lot of people buying out the council. just completed one last week through dublin city council. have seen it vary time wise but have yet to see one go longer than 6 months?

tabris6ie - very strange that, i dont doubt you've done it, but well it was totally different for me, and obviously Nathan also. Well i've given all the info i can, and i'm trying to be helpful to Nathan to what i had to do when i came across the same issue as him. So i'll continue that for him or anyone else who has been told the same. If you've been told different and done different i'm actually delighted for you, cos it can be quiet painstaking sorting this out with alot of calls etc, and its nice to see it wasnt too bad for you. are you with DCC or south council?

Not doubting you helen, you can only go off your own experience. would be interested to know though if thats a dealing number or sorting number as nathan has said he can now proceed with as doubt his folio number came through that quickly given the backlog.
The most recent mortgage im referring to was DCC who in fairness seem to work quite quickly so would say differs hugely from council to council.

Back