Handyman, SthDublin area

Delboy

Just a post to recommend a chap I used recently...he can be found on www.thediydoctor.ie

I have no connection. The usual lad I used was too busy down the country to take on the bit of work I had so after searching here and not finding anyone that fitted the bill, I tried a few websites and chanced my luck.
Joe carried out some brick repair work to the front of my house, fixed some plumbing problems, a bit of electrical and carpentry. As well as putting in a chimney for the central heating oil burner.
So able to do a bit of everything which is what I wanted rather than 2 or 3 different people coming in. Also arrived on the day as arranged.

Just a post to recommend a chap I used recently...he can be found on [broken link removed]

I have no connection. The usual lad I used was too busy down the country to take on the bit of work I had so after searching here and not finding anyone that fitted the bill, I tried a few websites and chanced my luck.
Joe carried out some brick repair work to the front of my house, fixed some plumbing problems, a bit of electrical and carpentry. As well as putting in a chimney for the central heating oil burner.
So able to do a bit of everything which is what I wanted rather than 2 or 3 different people coming in. Also arrived on the day as arranged.
sounds like a good add to me

The site doesn't list a physical address. The Consumer's Association advises caution in dealing with any such business.

I would also ensure that they are suitably qualified to carry out the work in hand. Building a chimney for an oil boiler or any fossil fuel boiler must meet certain regulations and if done incorrectly can have very serious implications such as carbon monoxide poisoning for the occupants.

I usually find that somebody who can do all trades can do none correctly! I am not saying that this guy is not suitably trained, experienced or qualified but he is deeming himself to be a "competent person" in many trades, so caution should come to mind.

sounds like a good add to me

it can sound like whatever it wants to you, I don't care. I've been on here for a lot of years at this stage, so be a bit more respectful and less of the snide remarks.

As for the chimney- i should have been more exact. It was patrilally built already but did'nt go out from under the eaves. This job completed it. So no safety concerns there

I just posted this because I had been looking for a handyman on here for Sth Dub area and could'nt find what I was after. I'm sure there's plenty of other people like me who have a few small jobs and rather than get in 3 or 4 different people, would like to get 1 who can turn their hand to all.

Back