HAlifax Flexi Saver drops to 1.6% on zero plus balance

Slim

Got statement this morning. Rate dropped to 1.6% on all funds over zero.

This is not an overall rate change. The 1.6% rate is the rate that you receive after the 1 year "bonus term" has expired. It is still 3.5% for those in their 1st year of the account.

You may want to note as well that I was advised by my local branch that there's nothing to stop you from closing the old Flexi Saver and opening a new one to benefit from the bonus rate again.

Not sure if this is uniform across all branches... I do have significant dealings with my branch so they know me well.

You may want to note as well that I was advised by my local branch that there's nothing to stop you from closing the old Flexi Saver and opening a new one to benefit from the bonus rate again.

Great tip MysticX. Well worth trying.

Thanks for the tip. If it doesn't work, nothing lost, since there's no value in keeping the money there at the lower interest rate

Discovered last saturday that my bonus period expired end March 2009 and I am now on 1.6%. They posted me out the forms (all pre-filled out) and asked me to send them back with a cover note requesting the balance be transferred to the new account.

Rang them up. They are sending out the pre-filled forms. No need for I.D. again. Handy enough. Slim

Last edited:
Back