Good news guys..

Comfortably fitting in 18 holes of golf after work

+1!

Also, two weeks ago, I had an x-ray in the South Infirmary. My appointment was for 10:45 am. I arrived at 10:40, was dealt with by a very pleasant receptionist and x-rayed by a lovely looking, young radiographer (yes, female!) ;), and I drove away in my car at 11:07.

Happy days!!!

Me too, well tomorrow. But I'm off to Dingle- happy days.

Hope you enjoy it - I'm sure you will!

I was in Dingle 6 years ago - lovely place and all & we were blessed with good weather, some lovely restaurants, but please tell me that the demise of the celtic tiger has meant that some (and in fairness, I do mean only some) of the chancers charging exorbitant prices for food that was at best average have learnt their lesson? The only downer for me at the time.

Sorry to put a dampener on the good news but I hope you all realise that when you retire (like me) you won't get bank holidays off!! ;)

Glad to hear of your good experience with the public sector. Worth mentioning perhaps the next time they're getting a pasting on these pages.:)

Or I could say that I started a thread on AAM to celebrate the fact that she got the service she and others are actually entitled too!
And one which the taxpayers actually pay for!

World Cup starts next Friday , 3 games a day initially and Ferdinand out for Engerland !

Wasn't this meant to be a good news thread. That recently purchased tin of gloss paint for all the internal doors will now sit in the shed until all these games are over. I've only been naggin' about them since May '09 :mad:

Hope you enjoy it - I'm sure you will!

I was in Dingle 6 years ago - lovely place and all & we were blessed with good weather, some lovely restaurants, but please tell me that the demise of the celtic tiger has meant that some (and in fairness, I do mean only some) of the chancers charging exorbitant prices for food that was at best average have learnt their lesson? The only downer for me at the time.

I go there a lot. Called there yesterday (Saturday). A lot of the restaurants have closed. Some of the pubs do outstanding food though. Very good main courses for around €11+. One or two of the restaurants were very expensive alright but most people are voting with their pockets now.

Dingle town is nice to walk around but I much prefer to be out west around Ballyferriter. Every time I go out around there, I see something I haven't seen before. And you'll always meet someone from Cork. :)

Or I could say that I started a thread on AAM to celebrate the fact that she got the service she and others are actually entitled too!
And one which the taxpayers actually pay for!

Yes, you could look at it lots of ways. Depends on your outlook and generosity of spirit I suppose.

And by the way, being a taxpayer doesn't entitle you to everything you might like, anytime you want.

...please tell me that the demise of the celtic tiger has meant that some (and in fairness, I do mean only some) of the chancers charging exorbitant prices for food that was at best average have learnt their lesson?

Depends what you mean by exorbitant. We went to Out of the Blue, had an absolutely gorgeous meal with starters, main course and a very nice bottle of wine for two just under €100. Some of the best seafood I've ever had, absolutely fresh and really tasty.

But equally you can get fresh fish and chips from a local takeaway and sit on the harbour to enjoy as we saw many people doing and wash it down afterwards in one of the local pubs.

Dingle town is nice to walk around but I much prefer to be out west around Ballyferriter. Every time I go out around there, I see something I haven't seen before. And you'll always meet someone from Cork.

I like the best of both worlds- go for a hike on Slea Head, take in Coumenoole beach and dinner/drinks in Dingle.

And you definitely always meet someone from Cork- always a pleasure.:)

Depends what you mean by exorbitant.

I suppose it's a bit meaningless alright. If the food was superb I'd have no problem at all paying that amount for what you describe - in fact I'd probably pay more TBH.

Don't get me wrong, we had some fantastic food in Dingle - but we also had a couple of very ordinary meals - basically pub grub masquerading as 'fine dining'. Edible, but worth no more than €7-8 per main and certainly not the €20 odd we paid for it.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed your meal Vanilla!

Out of the Blue eh? Is that the place directly facing the harbour, with painted blue stone walls, fairly rustic, kind of earthy and continental looking? Something like you might see in Britanny?

If so, loved it too - had a great meal there.

Out of the Blue was featured in the Irish Times this saturday- see this link-

[broken link removed]

There is a photo- you may have to click on past the first photo that appears.

Yes, you could look at it lots of ways. Depends on your outlook and generosity of spirit I suppose.

And by the way, being a taxpayer doesn't entitle you to everything you might like, anytime you want.

Where did I say being a taxpayer entitles me to everything I might like and anytime I want it?

Reality is they are entitled to this service and those who provide it are supposed to provide it, not only when and if it suits them.
They are actually paid to do it!!

Generosity of spirit!! LOL tell that to those who leave others out to dry at the slightest whim.
Hilarious..

Others may bring in other subjects here to get some point or other across,but hey lets try to keep to the original post of "good news"!!
Leaving cert starts tomorrow,and the sun isint splitting the trees! Now thats good news.;)

Wasn't this meant to be a good news thread. That recently purchased tin of gloss paint for all the internal doors will now sit in the shed until all these games are over. I've only been naggin' about them since May '09 :mad:

Sue........you sound like the wife (your not my wife are you???), also only one tele in the house so its going to be wall to wall soccer action for the next month.

but on another good note the baby in the tummy is kicking like a good thing, great to feel it through the tummy.

Back