Golden Ridge, Rush

5 years!?! but NOT 5 yrs of roadworks.... please!!?? the current traffic light system is painful enough!

S

At the mo there is 3 option for the location of new the road. The current road between lusk and rush is not being upgraded, a brand new road in a different location is being put in and the old road will be left there. plus at some point there will also be a new road from lusk to the m1 direct. But at the mo the new lusk/rush road will probably only take 1 to 2 years to build, but i dont think they will be starting on it for another 3 years.

I lived in Rush for years and years and was told when planning was applied for for Golden Ridge that the builders got it subject to providing a mini bus service to the station every day.
I know because there was big opposition from locals to the development - Rush expanded hugely and none of the services were put in to match the rise in population
Any trouble and good luck to you getting the Gardai - they have to come from balbriggan and often don't - I really really needed them one night and the phone for Rush was just ringing out - not switched over to the next station.
Parking on the main street and traffic were a nightmare and as for the train station it's was enough to send you cuckoo
I don't know how many times I came home and was blocked in by people parking up the middle of the station - had to get a taxi and go back later to get my car.
I've moved since and can't say I miss it too much.
The beach is a great bonus but even towards the end of my stay in Rush I didn't feel comfortable on my own with the drinkers in gangs and cars being driven at speed up and down.

Rush & lusk is definitley the worst train station in North County Dublin.....i used to be there at 6.55am to get parked for the 7.27am train. I've since given up going there. You can't walk from Rush either but you can from lusk, so big disadvantage to the Rush people

Does anyone know what they are doing to the road outside Golden Ridge? All week they've had random diversions and traffic lights on the go. No signs up to advise why, but it looks like they have water pipes?

At the mo there is 3 option for the location of new the road. The current road between lusk and rush is not being upgraded, a brand new road in a different location is being put in and the old road will be left there. plus at some point there will also be a new road from lusk to the m1 direct. But at the mo the new lusk/rush road will probably only take 1 to 2 years to build, but i dont think they will be starting on it for another 3 years.

Very interesting! Will there be a cycle track on the new road between Lusk and train station?

Where will the new road between Lusk an M1 be drawn?

Very interesting! Will there be a cycle track on the new road between Lusk and train station?

Where will the new road between Lusk an M1 be drawn?

Not sure what road you are referring to. Surely the old N1 links Lusk (twice) to the M1.

The cycle-track appears to just be a new footpath, all the way from Lusk, past the station, to rush. It is currently about 3/4 finished. Progress as far as the station from lusk was very fast (the weeks leading to the election would be my tinfoil-hat-wearing guess), but since then progress has slowed.

As for the station, they are building another small car-park extention at the lusk side, shouldn't take more than a few months toget certified and open.

As a person mentioned above, a lot of people come to the station before 7, and can be seen sitting in their cars as 2 or 3 trains come and go.
Thankfully I have the luxury of flexible hours, so I get in on the 6.58 train. The train service is excellent on those earlier ones. Its not 3 or 4 years ago that I could get a carpark space for the 8.10!

Next step will have to be a bike.

Also, remember that the Metro will (eventually) come as far as Lissenhall, next to the Lusk/Rusk/Donabate junction off the M1.

re the Beach, its a fantastic resource. A long sandy beach. Sure, you get the occassional boy-racer, but recently its gotten much better (a number of times I've seen people simply call the Guard's immediately when they see them coming).

Portmarnock, Malahide and ESPECIALLY donabate have much more trouble. Rush beach only has a small part that can be safely driven on, as it is very soft further along (as many cars have found out :) ).

I was referring to Jabster saying "at some point there will also be a new road from lusk to the m1 direct." I was wondering where that road would go.

Then I was referring to Jabster saying "a brand new road in a different location is being put in" and wondering if there will be a cycle path on the new road to the station.

FYI here the details of the proposed new Rush to Lusk road, cycle lanes and all.

[broken link removed]

As for a new road to the M1 from Lusk, it will only be an upgrade of the link to the old N1, the new R132 at most. There will be no 'new' junction with the M1.

Hi all. Sorry for not getting back to any of you that wanted a reply to my post. Ive been busy finishing off my House because im getting out of Golden Ridge Rush. I dont have any detail on the proposed road from lusk to the m1. The New proposed road from Lusk to Rush probably wont be started on fro a few years anyway so dont be expecting the traffic problem around the train station and between rush and lusk to be sorted out for years. Rush will be a great place to live in about 5 years i would say with new roads, new town centre also proposed, but not confirmed etc. but at the mo its a bit of a pain for the train users.

I happen to be the Engineer working on the other proposed roads in the area and our drawings show that a proposed road from the M1 to Lusk is possibly on the cards. Ya smart This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language.

plus at some point there will also be a new road from lusk to the m1 direct.
I dont have any detail on the proposed road from lusk to the m1.
proposed road from the M1 to Lusk is possibly on the cards. Ya smart This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language.
Which is it? - There will also possibly be a proposal maybe :rolleyes:

The NRA certainlty don't have any plans for adding an interchange onto the M1, maybe Talking Heads will be building the new road?

Ya smart This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language.
No need to resort to personal abuse, if you can't be civil please don't reply to my posts.

We are all just trying to be helpful to each other on this site, but loners like you, who must not have a life, reads through other members treads and quotes them, and then slags them off in very childish ways. For example. You trying to be funny here?
I would be surprised if you did as there isn't one proposed.
or this
Which is it? - There will also possibly be a proposal maybe :rolleyes:.

Who is resorting to personal abuse now?
Do you know what a hypocrite is?
Yes you.
I would like to see you talk to people in person they way you do online.
Some how i dont think you would.
Now some of us have work to do.
Have a nice Christmas. ;)

Re: Golden Ridge Rush

Hey hows it going Im moving on the 6th of Feb there is a field you can park in beside the sation dont what the story with it is though
Also any got broadband out there.

The only broadband available is Vodafone. BT suggested I ask my neighbours if they had their service!!!.

Any new people moved it yet how are you finding it see prices have been slashed by 40K ouch my a$$

Anyone know what the latest price slash's are would be intrested to know. Also are we getting upc broadband

Back