Garden Room

baguio2007

I was considering purchasing this cabin and using it more or less as a self contained living space.

Would it achieve high enough of a u value for it to be reasonably heat efficient?
Could i expect problems in terms of sound transmission through such thin walls?
I know its not top quality but cash is tight and i'm hoping this would do the job. I wonder is it value for money?

Was also thinking about putting it on a metal frame as opposed to concrete foundation. Anyone any opininons on this? Which would be least expensive and where could i source such a frame?

Hi,

There are quite a number of previous threads on garden rooms which might give some advice. This key post contains this for example. There are other threads since.

I just had a quick look at your link and wonder about bathroom?

Never heard of one being placed on a metal frame. What do the manufacturers think of this? As damage can be done through dampness getting underneath it IMHO it would not be a good idea but some of our more knowledgeable contributors will most likely be able to confirm this.

I just had a quick look at your link and wonder about bathroom?
One can be added. They have it as an optional extra - although I am undecided if it allows enough space. I don't think its an issue though as one could be added with the assistance of a carpenter.

Never heard of one being placed on a metal frame. What do the manufacturers think of this?
Not sure just yet. I will probably drop by there the next time im in england.

damage can be done through dampness getting underneath it IMHO it would not be a good idea but some of our more knowledgeable contributors will most likely be able to confirm this.
Possibly. Can only imagine whatever way this is put in place, water damage must taken into consideration. If anything, it should be less likely to incur water damage in comparison with a concrete base - where the unit would be sitting directly on a concrete base which is likely to have water sitting on it?

Back